BREAKOUT SESSION 1 | I've Got Your Back: Drafting Understanding & Enforcing Indemnity Provisions
This is great for any and every lawyer who drafts documents. Sounds boring, but it is very highly rated by previous attendees. In a survey of national attendees, 97% said they would change how they drafted contracts based upon what they learned in this course. We will cover 13 areas including:
- Defining indemnity and shifting of loss
- Is there common law indemnity? Or only contractual?
- Review of the typical agreements containing indemnity clauses
- Alternatives (and limitations) to indemnity agreements
- Not confusing Indemnity with guaranty, contribution, or release
- Types of “limitations” within indemnity
- Understanding limitation “baskets” “sandbagging” “carve-outs”
Sample indemnity clauses will be included in the handouts.
Speaker: Claude E. Ducloux, LawPay, Austin, TX