Originally presented on: November 7, 2019
It’s all fun and games until somebody comes up short 10 acres! If your practice touches upon or concerns land, then it is vital you understand Missouri’s boundary history, practices, terms, and legal principles before you apply the law. This course focuses on the everyday boundary situations your clients may drop in your lap. Then it describes many possible solutions.
· Reviewing the numerous types of boundary landmines your clients may encounter
· Managing your client’s expectations about boundary issues
· Understanding the useful limits of the County Assessor’s tax maps and why all maps are inherently inaccurate
· Knowing where to obtain more boundary records and when to hire a professional surveyor
· Understanding potential boundary issue remedies
· Knowing how to get a map admitted into evidence
Resources: At the conclusion of the webinar, attendees will be provided with the URL of a Missouri boundary resources site.
Speakers: Chris Dunn, GeoVelo, LLC, Columbia, and Brent E Haden, Haden & Haden, LLC, Columbia
Note: This program was originally produced as a webinar and is available on demand in streaming audio with streaming video PowerPoint. This material qualifies for self-study credit only. Pursuant to Regulation 15.04.5, a lawyer may receive up to six hours of self-study credit in a reporting year. Self-study programs do not qualify for ethics or elimination of bias credit.
|Defusing Property Boundary Landmines Dunn Haden.pdf (1 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|Faculty Bios.pdf (52.3 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|MoLAP Information.pdf (1.2 MB)||Available after Purchase|
Please wait ...