This program will provide you a practical guide to the most important provisions of employment agreements, common sources of dispute and litigation, and traps. The program will cover scope of duties (and how they may change over time), forms of compensation and benefits (including deferred compensation), and objective/measurable performance standards. The program will also discuss planning for the possible release of the employee, limiting liability, and protecting confidential information and trade secrets to which the employee may have had access. This program will provide you with a practical guide to drafting successful employment agreements.
• Scope of an employee’s duties and modification as facts and circumstances change
• Objective and measurable performance benchmarks tied to incentive compensation
• Forms of compensation, deferred compensation, and fringe benefits
• Protecting trade secrets – non-competition and non-disclosure mechanisms
• Term of employment – fixed or variable terms, extensions, and discharge
• Anticipating severance and building in dispute mitigation and resolution provisions
• Severance benefits on voluntary and involuntary separation – and tying them to confidentiality and non-competition
• Non-disparagement of employer on discharge or voluntary departure
• Essential mediation and choice of law considerations
Please wait ...