This program will provide you with a practical guide to due diligence in real estate transactions – what information you need, where to get it, and the timeframes involved. The program will also cover the relationship between the duration and depth of due diligence depending on the state of the market – i.e., how “hot” markets involve more risk because sellers or othersare reluctant to give lengthy diligence periods. The program will also discuss using information obtained in diligence to draft specific reps and warranties. This program will provide you with a practical guide to planning due diligence in real estate transaction and how that information is used.
• Planning diligence – what information you need, where to get it, and timeframes
• Relationship between diligence and market conditions – willingness of sellers to cooperate or not
• Using diligence – tying information obtained to specific reps and warranties
• Review of leases, rent rolls, and financial statements
• Service contracts, condominium HOAs, and other contracts
• Title work – liens and other encumbrances
Please wait ...