This program is an overview of ways to build competitive skills in negotiating and drafting contracts, with emphasis on achieving superior results in deal making and documentation. It covers the latest developments in negotiation and drafting and includes examples and a review of leading sources for in-depth study.
• Practical advice on negotiation, deal design and drafting as combined skill sets that produce superior transactional outcomes
• How to write succinct but effective documents when time is of the essence – the pros and cons of “vagueness”
• Specific examples of ways to approach recurring issues that have both legal and business dimensions: choice of law, venue, damage waivers, alternative dispute resolution, limitation of damages, confidentiality, conditions precedent and other “boilerplate” provisions
• Dealing with strengths and weaknesses on your side – and on the other side as well
• Mitigating the likelihood of contract disputes
• Thinking beyond the documents – building relationships for the long term to maximize value
Speakers: Marc L. Kuemmerlein, Kutak Rock, LLP, Kansas City; Mark Ellis, Kutak Rock, LLP, Omaha, NE
Moderator: Marc L. Kuemmerlein
|Indispensable Skills - Advanced Negotiation & Contract Drafting 2022 (1.7 MB)||Available after Purchase|
|MOLAP Information (210.1 KB)||Available after Purchase|
|Important Information for Attorneys Seeking Kansas Credit (58.6 KB)||Available after Purchase|
Please wait ...