Originally presented at our MOSOLO Small Firm Conference, June 9-11, 2022
This is great for any and every lawyer who drafts documents. Sounds boring, but it is very highly rated by attendees. In a survey of national attendees, 97% said they would change how they drafted contracts based upon what they learned in this course) We cover 13 areas including:
• Defining indemnity and shifting of loss
• Is there common law indemnity? Or only contractual?
• Review of the typical agreements containing indemnity clauses
• Alternatives (and limitations) to indemnity agreements
• Not confusing Indemnity with guaranty, contribution, or release
• Types of “limitations” within indemnity
• Understanding limitation “baskets” “sandbagging” “carve-outs”
Speaker: Claude E. Ducloux, National Director of CLE, Ethics, and State Compliance, LawPay, Austin, TX
Note: This material qualifies for self-study credit only. Pursuant to Regulation 15.04.5, a lawyer may receive up to six hours of self-study credit in a reporting year. Self-study programs do not qualify for GAL Certification, ethics, elimination of bias or Kansas credit.
Claude E. Ducloux, is an attorney licensed in Texas, Colorado and California who speaks nationally on legal ethics, law office management, and trial-related topics. In 2011, he won the highest statewide award from the State Bar of Texas for lifetime contribution to CLE and has been invited to speak in more than 500 programs in since January 1, 2016. Claude has served as course director and creator of numerous CLE institutes and advanced courses.
Mr. Ducloux has a long legacy of bar service, including being President of the Austin Bar Association, and serving as Chair of almost every major bar-related entity, as well as the Texas Bar Foundation. He is a board-certified civil trial and appellate attorney in Texas.
Please wait ...