Original program date 2/15/2022
This program will provide you with a guide to real estate finance. It will cover the practical aspects of structuring debt, equity, and mezzanine finance. Major issues and traps in negotiating first mortgages, including personal guarantees and carve-outs, will be discussed in detail. The program will also cover credit enhancement, leasehold finance, and how financing alternatives have changed in a stronger market. This program will provide you with a real-world guide to major issues in negotiating and drafting real estate finance agreements.
• Major issues of negotiating first mortgages
• Loan application and bank commitments
• Role of personal guarantees and negotiating non-recourse carve-outs with lenders
• Defeasance and prepayment premiums
• Structuring equity in real estate deals
• Mezzanine financing and drafting issues
• Leasehold finance
• Credit enhancement instruments
• Single purpose entities for finance purposes
Note: This material qualifies for self-study credit only. Pursuant to Regulation 15.04.5, a lawyer may receive up to six hours of self-study credit in a reporting year. Self-study programs do not qualify for GAL Certification, ethics, elimination of bias or Kansas credit.
Please wait ...