Recording available after original program date, 9/13/2022
Leased Medical office space is now larger than industrial and nearly as large as retail leasing. These encompass primary medical and dental care practice, specialized surgical hospitals, long-term acute care facilities, community clinics, and health and wellness facilities. All of these come with special leasing issues, including the creation and disposal of medical or hazardous waste, the installation of specialized equipment, additional regulatory compliance requirements associated with health care, and even patient privacy issues. This program will provide you with a practical guide to special issues in drafting for medical and dental office space.
• Types of medical properties and how leasing issues differ for each
• Medical offices in space not specifically designed for medical services
• Generation and disposal and medical and hazardous waste
• Accessibility issues and compliance with medical care regulations
• Landlord right of entry/patient privacy issues
• Installation of special medical/dental equipment and waiver of liens
• Special electricity needs and continuity of service
Note: This material qualifies for self-study credit only. Pursuant to Regulation 15.04.5, a lawyer may receive up to six hours of self-study credit in a reporting year. Self-study programs do not qualify for ethics, elimination of bias or Kansas credit.
Please wait ...