The world is in the midst of the greatest transfer of wealth ever recorded. Baby Boomers retired with more wealth than any earlier generation and retired with more complicated family circumstances. This wealth and family complexity are giving rise to more trust litigation. This litigation includes the extent to which trust interests are reachable in divorce proceedings; fiduciary investment decisions, the handling of concentrated positions in closely held companies, and arguably tortious interference with trust interests. This program will review significant developments in fiduciary litigation.
• Disputes over discretionary decisions, including distributions
• Tortious interference with inheritance interests
• Handling concentrated positions in closely held companies
• Disputes involving operation of family businesses in trusts
• Counseling clients when fiduciary litigation involves family animosity
Please wait ...