Total Credits: 1.2 MCLE, 0.0 Kansas Credit
This program will provide you with a real-world guide to due diligence in real estate transactions – what information you need, where to get it, and the timeframes involved – depending on the type of transaction involved. The relationship between the duration and depth of due diligence and the state of the market – how “hot” markets involve more risk because sellers or others are reluctant to give lengthy diligence periods – will be discussed. The program will also discuss using information obtained in diligence to draft specific reps and warranties. This program will provide you with a real-world guide to planning due diligence in real estate transaction – essential information to obtain depending on the transaction involved and how to tie that information the transaction’s reps and warranties.
• Relationship between diligence and market conditions – willingness of sellers to cooperate or not
• Using diligence to draft specific reps and warranties
• Service contracts, condominium HOAs, and other contracts
• Review of leases, rent rolls, and financial statements
• Title work – liens and other encumbrances
• Zoning, regulatory and tax issues
• Notices of new or special tax assessments
Please wait ...