Environmental liability is one of the biggest risks in acquiring and/or developing commercial real estate. When environmental risk is not accurately assessed, allocated and/or hedged, the parties to the deal are exposed to very substantial financial liability and the fundamental economics of the deal are jeopardized. This program will provide you a practical guide to developments in environmental diligence in real estate deals, allocating or hedging the risk, and post-closing concerns.
• Sources of environmental liability under federal law.
• Assessing risk: Estimating liabilities and incorporating findings into deal documents.
• Developments in affirmative defenses.
• Contractual allocation of liability.
• Uses of environmental insurance.
• Post-closing concerns.
|Materials||Available after Purchase|