Total Credits: 1.2 MCLE, 1.2 Ethics, 0.0 Kansas Credit, 0.0 Kansas Ethics
This annual ethics program will provide you with a round-table discussion of practical ethical issues important to your practice. The program will provide you with an engaging discussion of ethics developments involving technology and law practice, conflicts of interest, and attorney-client communications in a digital world where no one is truly unplugged. The panel will also discuss the ethics of withdrawing from a matter and firing a client and the ethics of developing new business. This program will provide you with a wide-ranging discussion of practical ethics developments important to your practice.
• Ethics and technology: A potpourri
• Ethics, competence, and AI: What are competence and the unauthorized practice of law in a specialized world?
• Emerging issues in conflicts of interest, part 1
• Ethics of firing a client
• Ethics and client development
• Emerging issues in conflicts of interest, part 2