Homes are major investments for many of your clients. This book provides guidance to help you advise your clients when problems arise with home purchases, including the buyer or seller refusing to close, defective construction of a new home, fraud, or misrepresentation. It will also guide you in advising your client about and through the causes of action and remedies available for fraudulent home improvement practices, predatory mortgage lending, and foreclosure.
Home Purchases, Ownership, and Financing originally appeared as a chapter in the MoBarCLE deskbook, Missouri Consumer Law and Practice.
2011 (119 pages)
MoBar Price $50 | eGuidebook PDF Download
1 | Home Purchases
- Buyer's or Seller's Refusal to Close Home Sale -- Contingencies
- Implied Warranty for New Home Purchases
- Misrepresentation and Fraud Claims
- Hurdles to Cross Before Suing
- Prompt Pay Act
2 | Home Ownership and Financing
- Home Improvement
- Home Ownership and Financing -- Predatory Mortgage Lending
- Preemption Issues